As a part of the Tacheria Interfaith Spirituality Center, Wisdom’s Way Interfaith School is a two-year experience dedicated to promoting the spiritual growth of individuals seeking wisdom for their journey and experiencing trusted companionship with the participants. We walk together as pilgrims believing love and peace to be gifts in all of us.
It will encompass many sacred practices including Buddhists, Hindu, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Native, Ancient Mysteries, and Pagan. It will also provide preparation for those who believe they are called to a vocation of spiritual direction / companionship. Wisdom’s Way Interfaith School is open to all who are curious about walking with others as a way of life. It is open to all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, or sexual identity.
Spiritual leaders from many disciplines and faith paths make up the faculty and share their insights, knowledge, wisdom, and experiences during the interactive classes. Participants will be actively involved in their own spiritual learning through dialogue, readings, and activities while engaging in holy listening practices with their fellow classmates.
Wisdom’s Way Interfaith School details:
- Two-year commitment with classes held monthly from 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
- 2nd Saturday for ten (10) months, beginning in September and ending in June. Due to COVID-19, the School will meet via Zoom next year. Depending on the CDC guidelines, there is a possibility the December Retreat may be in person at Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center in Carefree, AZ. This possibility is also dependent upon the Retreat Center being open and following the CDC guidelines.
- Yearly cost is $600. Payments can be made throughout the year. Limited scholarship help is available.
- To apply, just click on the application, fill out the form and submit it electronically.
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Please mail fee check/money order/cashier’s check to: Tacheria c/o Cathy Stafford, 2647 S. 158th Drive, Goodyear, AZ 85338.
Once the application is submitted, you will be contacted by Cathy Stafford, who is the Director of Wisdom’s Way Interfaith School to schedule an interview to finalize the process.
Wisdom’s Way Co-Directors
Cathy and Gil Stafford
Passion: Engaging compassionate presence
Cathy is a seeker of Wisdom (Sophia) and a pilgrim of compassionate presence. Her journey to this point has included being an educator for over 35 years…elementary teacher, college professor, and public school superintendent.
In June 2012, she retired or maybe it was more like stepping off the public school trail onto a new one. Her new trail includes holy listening as a way of life. Being a spiritual companion (director) to those who are seekers brings great abundance to her journey. She provides leadership coaching for those who are looking for support to their professional work. In September of 2014, Cathy and Gil began an interfaith school for spiritual exploration and spiritual companioning, Wisdom’s Way Interfaith School in Phoenix, AZ. They follow the practices of The Circle Way as their guide for the journey together.
Gil is a writer, spiritual guide, life coach, and alchemist of the soul. He speaks, consultants, and leads retreats and pilgrimages. Gil works in both the Myers-Briggs and the Enneagram. His spiritual practices include tarot, Hermeticism, and Enneagram journaling. In one of his former lives, he played professional baseball, was head baseball coach at Grand Canyon University, winning three national titles, and was the university’s president four years. Gil’s books are: When Leadership and Spiritual Direction Meet and Wisdom Walking: Pilgrimage as a Way of Life.
Life is a pilgrimage and Gil has taken many, including walking Ireland coast-to-coast, as well as leading seven groups along the Wicklow Way.