RESOURCES, CONNECTIONS & ACTIVITIES FOR ALUMNI
Third Saturday Alumni Gatherings – Hosted by Tacheria Alums, Sue Gemoets and Janet Tolman. These events feature gifted alumni speakers and leaders who help to illuminate some aspect of spiritual companionship and offer new and interesting perspectives. At the current time, we continue to hold these via Zoom. Occasionally, we vary from the third Saturday to another day of the month to align with special opportunities or accommodate holidays.
- October 16, 2021 – Fran Walsh, Wisdom’s Way alumni, presents “The Power of Breath: Breathwork Practice.”
- November 20, 2021 – Joint Alumni Gathering with Tacheria (Zoom Gathering). Wisdom’s Way will be hosting and Alumni Paula Osterday will be presenting on her practice of Reiki.
- March 12, 2022 – Imam Jamal Rahman shares about “Islam: An Interfaith Perspective” (at St. Philips in the Hills if CDC guidelines permit at the time)
- April 16, 2022 – Frank Williams, former Tacheria Co-Director shares his spiritual wisdom with our alums
- May 7, 2022 – Alumni Retreat at Redemptorist Renewal Center, Tucson. Topic: “Come to Your Senses!” (if CDC guidelines allow at this time, this will be an in-person event.
ALUMNI PEER SUPPORT – Many small groups exist among various groups of graduates. This year, we are offering another opportunity to connect with fellow graduates of Tacheria or Wisdom’s Way. Hosted by Karen Gatlin, the group offers Peer Supervision to Alumni who are doing Spiritual Companionship in some (or any!) form. Group size is limited to 6-10 participants and requires pre-registration. Learn more….
Register: Email your name and phone number to Karen Gatlin to register.
SUPPORT TACHERIA (AND WISDOM’S WAY) SCHOOLS
From Board Chair, Frank Williams:
This year we are asking you, as an Alumni, to make a donation to Tacheria. Your gift will benefit not only both Schools, but also our Alumni Programs, as well. We are suggesting a donation of $10.00 a month or $100 for the year (more if you are able), but any gift will help continue the journey.
You can make your donation through PayPal or through a check to:
Tacheria, 1001 E. Ina, Tucson 85718.
Now, more than ever, Tacheria and Wisdom’s Way Schools, need your support. Make your one time or ongoing donation below.
WRITINGS & REFLECTIONS
The following articles are written by students of the school and members of the board.
Tacheria: My Journey – Joyce Stewart and Eric Rau
Reflections on the Journey – 2016 Graduates
First Alumni Group Meeting – Eve Hady
The Transformation Power of Liminal Space – Nan Rubin
Spirituality, Creativity and Immersion – Nan Rubin
Blind Faith – Matilda Essig
Did the Moment Go Away or Did I Leave It? – Nan Rubin
Spiritual Directors International
SDI is the “home of spiritual companionship.” For more than twenty-five years, SDI has served this community through educational events, publications, and outreach programs, helping people connect with one another and with the Sacred. As a registered nonprofit charity, our mission is to tend the holy around the world and across traditions.
Local Spiritual Direction Connections
Desert Path Spiritual Direction: http://www.tucsonspiritualdirection.org/